Jonathan E. Sisk Biography and Bibliography
Jonathan Sisk's career began as an application programmer prior to joining the National Support Group of Microdata Corporation, whose product, Reality was the first commercial implementation of the Pick Operating System.
His first endeavor at JES was writing and publishing the first commercial book, " The Reality Pocket Guide".
Over the following decade, Jon was the Series Editor of " The Pick Library" for Tab Professional Reference Books, a division of McGraw-Hill.
Jon's articles and columns appeared in many industry publications, including Byte Magazine, PickWorld, International Spectrum, Spectrum Tech Digest, RDBM Computing, IPUA Journal, Computing News & Review and Engineering Enterprise.
Jon was Chief Editor and Publisher of The Database Digest, a technical monthly targeted to Pick technical types.
He also developed and implemented The Pick Technical Certification Program, and in the process created the first only objective certification for Pick Programmers and Admins.
Dick Pick commissioned Jon to develop his most epic work, "Encyclopedia Pick (EPick)" an all-encompassing document that covered every single unique subject in the Pick database. He wrote and produced the towering, 1500 page document and as a by-product released it as an on-line Help system. Like an early Wiki, it provided hyperlinks to related topics, contained working examples, allowed collabarative contributions, and could be output directly to a printed encyclopedia with a single click, and all of this years before the Web was invented.
In March of 2000, Jon was part of the team that purchased Pick Systems (the company), now owned by privately-held Rocket Software, which he then joined the company as Vice-President of Training & Education.
In 2001, Jon returned to JES.com and over the following years has been involved with a variety of technical sectors and startups, from Information Security to Fifth-generation application generators.
In 2006 Jon was Co-developer and Chief Editor for the first (and only) Multi-Value based Wiki.
JES still conducts training with a modern spin on it, by offering online 1 on 1 training on a wide variety of topics all custom made for each client.
To visit Jon's Social Networking sites, please visit jonsisk.com.
To contact Jon, please use this Secure Contact Form.
- The REALITY Pocket Guide, First, Second, Third and Fourth Editions (JES Publishing)
- The Pick Pocket Guide, First, Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Editions (JES Publishing.)
- Exploring the Pick Operating System, First and Second Editions (Hayden Books)
- PICK/BASIC: A Programmer's Guide, First and Second Editions (TAB/McGraw-Hill)
- The Pick Pocket Guide "Desk Reference" Edition, First and Second Editions (TAB/McGraw-Hill)
- The Ultimate Pocket Guide, First and Second Editions (JES Publishing)
- The CIES/Pick Pocket Guide (JES Publishing)
- Secrets of Peak Performers ( Howland Publishing)
- Microprocessor Operating Systems: Volume III (Microcomputer Applications Publishing)
- The Pertec Pick Pocket Guide (JES Publishing Co)
- Encyclopedia Pick (Advanced Pick Technical Manual) (Pick Systems/Raining Data/Tiger Logic)
- EPick, AP/D3 On-Line Help (Pick Systems/Raining Data/Tiger Logic)
The Pick Library
- Pick for the IBM PC and Compatibles, John & Dale Winters
- Pick For Professionals, Advanced Methods & Techniques, Harvey Rodstein
- The Pick Perspective, Ian J. Sandler
- Programming With IBM PC BASIC & The Pick Database System, David Clark
Edited by Jon Sisk
- Desktop Video Production Using The Commodore Amiga (Tab/McGraw-Hill Publishing Co.) (Produced but unpublished.)
- Using Prime Information, by William Winter (Produced but unpublished.)
- Everquest Companion: The Inside Lore of a Gameworld (McGraw-Hill/Osborne) 2003